This is what we found out after checking Sopoong halal status at Jakim’s 2021 halal portal.
In this halal review, you’ll see the date and the manner of which Sopoong halal status was checked, list of its outlets and give your feedback regarding this halal review.
This review was updated on 5 August 2021.
Did Jakim certify Sopoong as halal?
We did a check on Jakim’s own portal using these keywords “SOPOONG” and “JAN CHI NARA”.
The word “SOPOONG” was used as it represents the name of this Korean eatery.
The word “JAN CHI NARA” was used as it represents the name of its owner ie “JAN CHI NARA SDN BHD”.
No halal record was found.
This also means that Sopoong and all its outlets are not halal certified by Jakim.
Previous Halal Check.
This restaurant is still not halal certified by Jakim since our last check on 3 July 2021.
As mentioned, none of these outlets is halal certified by Jakim.
- Central I City, Shah Alam, Selangor.
- Citta Mall, Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- IOI City Mall, Putrajaya.
- Melawati Mall, Bandar Melawati, Kuala Lumpur.
- MyTown Shopping Centre, Jalan Cochrane, Kuala Lumpur.
- Starling Mall, Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
This is part of the menu that currently served at this restaurant.
As mentioned, none of these menu is halal certified by Jakim.
- Bokkeum Udon Mild
- Bokkeum Udon Spicy
- Bulgogi (Marinated Beef with Soy Sauce, Stir Fried with Vegetables and Glass Noodles)
- Cheese Dakgalbi (Spicy Grilled Chicken Soup)
- Chicken Bulgogi (Marinated Chicken with Soy Sauce, Stir Fried with Vegetables and Glass Noodles).
- Dakgalbi (Spicy Grilled Chicken)
- Doenjang Jigae (Soybean Paste Stew)
- Eomuk (Fish Cake) Udon
- Gimbap (Korean Rolls)
- Godeungeo (Grilled Mackerel)
- Gun Mandu (Pan Fried Dumplings)
- Gyeranjjim (Steamed Eggs)
- Haemul (Seafood) Udon
- Jukkumi Bokkeum (Stir Fried Baby Octopus)
- Kalguksu (Noodle Soup)
- Kimchi Gimbap
- Kimchi Udon
- Kimchijeon (Kimchi Pancake)
- Mandu (Korean Dumplings)
- Mandu Guk (Dumpling Soup)
- Pajeon (Green Onion Pancake)
- Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup)
- Sundubu Jjigae (Soft Tofu Stew)
- Tteokguk (Sliced Rice Cake Soup)
- Ttukbaegi Bulgogi (Bulgogi cooked in clay pot)